Around cursor transforms (Blender-like) on Slicer

Hi. I created a script that lets you transform a rigid object very easily inside slicer.

Here is a demo video (hip to mandible manual registration, useful to plan an ileac crest mandible reconstruction):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N_pP0kthYdhncZ0DbjhV17rznQCbJCZU/view?usp=sharing

Here is the code:

@manjula what do you think about this? Could we achieve a new workflow for BoneReconstructionPlanner with this?

More info → This is how is done on professional planning software

4 Likes

Hi Mauro,

This looks fantastic and actually, i was going to help post asking for the code to do this for the purpose of the Implant planning workflow I have developed. This is godsends to me :smiley:

Yes, we can definitely do a workflow on this for the Iliac crest/ scapula bone. Actually we can plan this and do the POC surgery as well. I will experiment with the code and get back to you on Friday during the meeting.

best
Manjula

This looks fantastic and actually, i was going to help post asking for the code to do this for the purpose of the Implant planning workflow I have developed.

So achieved dental implant planning in Slicer. Could you show some pictures?

Yes, we can definitely do a workflow on this for the Iliac crest/ scapula bone.

May be I can get a student to work on a module for mandible reconstruction with scapula/iliac-crest. Would you like to have meetings about this and give your clinical inputs for this like you did for mandible reconstruction with fibula?

Mauro

1 Like

i guess the final piece for dental implant planning workflow was this.

Just to update you, this code does not work in the preview release. Only in the stable release. It gives weird blobs that do nothing.

Just to update you, this code does not work in the preview release. Only in the stable release. It gives weird blobs that do nothing.

I updated the code. Now it should work on the preview release also.

The video about implants doesn’t work could you try with another link?

Thank you

Thanks for the code update. Please see if this works

Please see if this works

It doesn’t work. Sorry

Mauro

1 Like

Great. Thank you.

How did you achieve the registration of the scan and the CBCT?
How are you creating the surgical guides for this?

If you don’t want to explain it publicly, please send me a mail.

Mauro

1 Like