Availability of Slicer 5.0 on ArchLinux

This is the problem, in this case you need to download the patient and import it manually, since the clone does not place the patient images in the correct folder.
The other option is to install the module using the extension manager (recommended). In this case everything shall work out of the box.

You mean the files in Resources/DICOM/ ? If so, I’ll test that tomorrow.

Yes, except that I’m using self-built Slicer, whose revision is rarely the same as preview builds. But I’ll try with the current nightly build using the extension manager and report.

OpenDose3D test passed !

******** ADR workflow Tests passed ***************

Test FullTest_positive passed on Arch with preview build 5.1.0-2022-05-04 r30918 / 68a506f!

******** OpenDose3D Tests passed ***************

To be complete, the test on my machine was bound to fail with any Slicer build and OpenDose3D installed by any means. Because my slicerrc.py just empties the Dicom database whenever a scene is closed, and the test process does close the scene at least once ! So with an empty slicerrc.py, it just works on Arch with 5.1.

1 Like

So the problem is really the arch packaging that is not yet working in AUR.

@jcfr PKGBUILD - aur.git - AUR Package Repositories is still installing the version 4.11 even when the package says it is 5.0.1

Maybe I didn’t understand correctly, but I used the binary files downloaded from Slicer website.
Let me know if I have to use AUR

The point is to have arch users to get slicer using the normal pacman packages. But the common ones doesn’t work. The binaries from the slicer webpage are working as you could see.

Yes, the regular AUR needs sha512sums updates to have any chance of working. The lilac bot is just bumping the version number, but not the sha512sums.

^Appears that the Chinese based version skips over the sha512sums check for 3dslicer package as seen here.

It will likely be up to the users in the various communities to maintain the latest versions of Slicer in their package manager of choice. I know I have seen previous posts about having Slicer available through brew. Install through these package managers is likely used by a few active users.

I’m not sure of all the considerations, but going directly to https://download.slicer.org/ for the download would seem to be the easiest option especially with users frequently getting help from slicer.org at different subdomain https://discourse.slicer.org/.