Cannot define ROI using fiducial placement in Surface Cut

Operating system: Windows 10
Slicer version: 4.10.2
Expected behavior: Use surface cut to define an irregular ROI by fiducial placement

Actual behavior:
I was trying to use fiducial placement to define a ROI via Surface Cut. However, I could only place single dots or regular cubes because both the place button and the delete button appeared in grey and not clickable. Has anyone ever experienced this before?

Many thanks,
Erwin

Maybe we broke backward compatibility when we added new features to Surface cut. Could you try if the latest Slicer Preview Release works well?

I installed SegmentEditorExtraEffects extension today with Slicer 4.10.2 which contains the Surface Cut effect and everything seems to work. @Erwin Did you also install the required MarkupsToModel extension when prompted during the install process of SegmentEditorExtraEffects through the ExtensionsManager?

1 Like

I can make it appear to be single dots when I have the option ā€œSmooth Modelā€ turned off and place points in say the Red slice viewer and then a couple in the Yellow slice viewer, but I can still apply and delete points as expected.

Hi James, thanks for getting back to me!
Iā€™ve installed all the required extensions and tried turning off smooth model, it still didnā€™t work. I can see the two buttons next to ā€œFiducial Placementā€ in your screenshot appeared clickable while mine strangely remained grey no matter how I try.

Thanks Andras, it works!

Hmm I still donā€™t believe we broke backwards compatibility as I was showing using Surface cut in Slicer 4.10.2 with success.

1 Like

this is exactly my problem, did you manage to fix it somehow?

@Georgescu_George What extensions do you have installed? Did you restart Slicer as part of the install of some extensions? If you go to Help->Report a Bug after replicating the issue are there any errors reported at the bottom of the log?

Iā€™ve switched to the Slicer Preview Release and now everything is fine.
Thank you very much for coming back so fast with a response.

1 Like

@Georgescu_George Could you still provide response to the questions I asked above? Iā€™m curious to see what users might be facing when using Slicer 4.10.2.

My extensions are DCMQI, Markupstomodel, PETDICOMExtension, quantitative reporting, segmenteditorextraeffects and slicerdevelopmentToolbox. I did restart Slicer after installing the extensions.
This is what I get at the bottom of the log:
[CRITICAL][Stream] 17.08.2020 08:36:53 [] (unknown:0) - AttributeError: ā€˜moduleā€™ object has no attribute ā€˜markupstomodelā€™

@lassoan Would this indicate some issue with installing and registering markupsToModels?

Yes, it seems that MarkupsToModel module is not found for some reason.