Crash on exit (not related to charts)

Many python tests are failing because there is a crash on exit, most of these not related to the charts-related crash that is being fixed now. Here’s a Slicer and a SlicerRT dashboard.

I did some debugging with two of the RT tests, and the call stack is the same:

Call stack (Windows)
python27.dll!00007ffdef0b33cb()	Unknown
python27.dll!00007ffdef0b2bb6()	Unknown
python27.dll!00007ffdef068934()	Unknown
PythonQt.dll!PythonQtShell_QDialog::nativeEvent(const QByteArray & eventType0, void * message1, long * result2) Line 6233	C++
Qt5Widgetsd.dll!QWidgetWindow::nativeEvent(const QByteArray & eventType, void * message, long * result) Line 975	C++
Qt5Guid.dll!QGuiApplicationPrivate::processNativeEvent(QWindow * window, const QByteArray & eventType, void * message, long * result) Line 1726	C++
Qt5Guid.dll!QWindowSystemInterface::handleNativeEvent(QWindow * window, const QByteArray & eventType, void * message, long * result) Line 728	C++
qwindowsd.dll!QWindowsContext::windowsProc(HWND__ * hwnd, unsigned int message, QtWindows::WindowsEventType et, unsigned __int64 wParam, __int64 lParam, __int64 * result, QWindowsWindow * * platformWindowPtr) Line 871	C++
qwindowsd.dll!qWindowsWndProc(HWND__ * hwnd, unsigned int message, unsigned __int64 wParam, __int64 lParam) Line 1298	C++
[External Code]	
qwindowsd.dll!QWindowsWindow::destroyWindow() Line 1117	C++
qwindowsd.dll!QWindowsWindow::~QWindowsWindow() Line 1074	C++
[External Code]	
Qt5Guid.dll!QWindowPrivate::destroy() Line 1832	C++
Qt5Guid.dll!QWindow::destroy() Line 1787	C++
Qt5Widgetsd.dll!QWidgetPrivate::deleteTLSysExtra() Line 1917	C++
Qt5Widgetsd.dll!QWidget::destroy(bool destroyWindow, bool destroySubWindows) Line 12390	C++
Qt5Widgetsd.dll!QApplication::~QApplication() Line 820	C++
qSlicerBaseQTCore.dll!qSlicerCoreApplication::~qSlicerCoreApplication() Line 660	C++
qSlicerBaseQTGUI.dll!qSlicerApplication::~qSlicerApplication() Line 375	C++
SlicerApp-real.exe!`anonymous namespace'::SlicerAppMain(int argc, char * * argv) Line 268	C++
SlicerApp-real.exe!main(int argc, char * * argv) Line 303	C++

It seems to be related to processing events when destroying a window. Could it be related to --no-main-window? Any other ideas? Thanks!

Do any of the test failures in the Slicer core look similar to the test failures that you experience in SlicerRT?

Currently these tests fail in the Slicer core:

• qMRMLLayoutManagerVisibilityTest (Failed)
  • py_VolumeRenderingThreeDOnlyLayout (Failed)
  • py_nomainwindow_SlicerOptionDisableSettingsTest (Failed)
  • py_AtlasTests (Failed)
  • py_AbdominalAtlasTest (Failed)
  • py_FiducialLayoutSwitchBug1914 (Failed)
  • py_SimpleFiltersModuleTest (Failed)
  • py_LandmarkRegistration (Failed)

I tried two Slicer tests but one passed and the other one crashed Visual Studio too, but now I have to take the computer to the store because of fan issues, so no luck yet. I’ll keep trying at home.

The dashboard shows passing tests now, so the crash doesn’t seem to happen any more. If it starts again I’ll do more investigation.