Operating system: macOS 10.14.6 / Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
Slicer version: 10.4.2
Slicer extension used: SlicerRT
Expected behavior: I have a DICOM RT database: each folder is the RT image set of a specific patient, that is, 1 CT, 1 RTSTRUCT, 1-n RTDOSE, 0-n RTPLAN. Each DICOM series is in its specific subfolder. I open patients one by one using “Load DICOM data > Import > Load”.
When I load a new patient, I expect to visualise it in the Slicer viewers. If necessary, I delete the old patient from the data tree (“Subject Hierarchy”). I precise that I use Slicer only for visualisation, I modify no data, I write nothing.
Actual behavior: However, some patients are loaded as other patients. E.g., I load Patient187, I visualize what I need to visualise, then when I load Patient188 different buggy behaviors happen:
- sometimes the patient just does not load (it says “0 new series” etc.), everything behaves as if Patient188 was Patient187 (at the image and metadata level)
- sometimes, if I remove Patient187 from the database before loading Patient188, then Patient188’s metadata are loaded correctly but its images are actually those of Patient187
- sometimes, Patient187 is not even the real Patient187 when I compare its images to what I get from other DICOM viewing softwares or from other Slicer installations on other computers
These bugs are very worrying. My intern is using Slicer to make quality control and I am afraid that many patients were badly reviewed because the loaded images were actually not those of the corresponding patient.