Differences between Slicer Versions

Hi,
I am trying to run the same ICP algorithm “vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform” and it seems that I get different results with exactly the same data and algorithm between “4.11.0-2020-03-10” and “4.11.0-2019-06-12” versions. Is there any stable 4.11 version to use? When are you going to release a stable 4.11 version?

Thanks

Hi @siaeleni -

Is it related to the change from LPS to RAS? If not, then it could be related to the version of VTK. If so the best thing might be to create a short python script to reproduce the issue with sample data to post on the VTK github.

Regarding the release, it’ll be called Slicer5, and it’s being tracked here:

https://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/Labs/Slicer5-roadmap

It’s a major effort that doesn’t currently have dedicated funding so people are doing it as a kind of side project with no firm release date. Hopefully soon.

1 Like

Thanks Steve!
It is related to the change from LPS to RAS.

I would consider current 4.11 version as stable. List of issues that we plan to address before releasing it as a new stable version is available here. I don’t think there are any serious open issues.

I would consider current 4.11 version is stable. List of issues that we plan to address before releasing it as a new stable version is available here.

By the way, the content of these issues is still being migrated - should be up later today.