Display batches of volumes on a grid/line in 3D view

Hi,

I’ve been using slicer for over 2 years now, it is a great software but the highly modular aspect is a pain to use sometimes.

In particular, visualizing batches of results is really time consuming…

Usually, to get this type of visualization, I have to manually go over all the volumes, set the right property for intensities and colors, change the volumes origin and maybe use a transform…

Here are my questions:

• Is there a tool to group volumes and apply property changes on a group ? Something along the line of transforms but for properties…

• Is there an existing tool to display volumes along a line or a grid ? I tried to assign several linear transforms to the same volume, but I couldn’t do so…

• Would it be possible for 2D views to have an option to de-correlate origin positions when putting 2 volumes on the same view ? With the set up above, I can’t superpose the volumes with the groundtruth…

volumes_2D

Cheers,
Jonas

You can use examples in the script repository how to set up everything you need with a short Python script. If you want to avoid copy-pasting then you can convert the script into a small Python scripted module.

You can look at the CompareVolumes module for ideas.