Error with calculation image difference using ROI

Slicer version: 4.13.0 and Slicer 4.11.20200930

Hello everyone,

I want to calculate the image difference between the fixed and warped image, after registration, using a specified ROI. I manually created the ROI, but after assign it the role as ROI in Registration Quality Assurance module, there was a shift and the result of the image difference was wrong.

The error occurred in both 3D Slicer versions.

If anyone could help me. I would really appreciate it.

You may need to harden the transform on the warped image.

Thank Andras for your response.

Usually is not necessary to harden the transform on the warped image since the warped image is already the result of the transformation. Nonetheless, I tried to do it and nothing changed.
I also tried to convert the transformation into a vector volume node and then assign it the role as forward vector field. But I’m getting the same error even with a different ROI.

If I don’t use any ROI, the module calculates the difference between the two images correctly. Maybe the difference between the two images can not be calculated with ROI? or is it a bug?

Thanks,
Mariana

It seems that maintainer of this extension does not read the Slicer forum, so I would recommend to file an error report in the extension’s repository. If you don’t get any answer within 2 weeks then let us know.

1 Like