Extensions are not working when building Slicer from scratch

Hello Developers,

I have built the Nightly version of slicer from scratch. The reason fro that is I want make my own CLI modules and Loadable modules.
Everything seemed to be working until I had to download the extension packages.

When I was trying to install the extension pacakges from extension manager, It was showing " No extensions found for linux:64-bit"

After reading several solution in this forum I manually install the packages as explained here
https://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/Nightly/Developers/FAQ#How_to_manually_install_an_extension_package.3F

But when I am trying to run the DWItoDTI Estimation module it gives me this error:

path/to/cli-modules/DWIToDTIEstimation: error while loading shared libraries: libvtkDMRI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

And with Brain masking module it is giving me this error:

path/to/cli-modules/DiffusionWeightedVolumeMasking: error while loading shared libraries: libITKIOJPEG-4.12.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Am I missing something?

You cannot use factory-built extensions with your locally built Slicer. In that case you’ll need to clone and build the extensions you want to use.

See also for example

or

thanks, I have cloned the extensions and built it. It worked.
Thanks alot

1 Like