Extensions Download fails?

Question asked by Matias Montroull on slicer-user list:

Hi,

I’m trying to download an extension using the extension manager but I get an error saying the download failed.

When I go to @KitwareMedical/slicer-extensions-webapp I can’t see ANY extension to download, it comes up with: No Extensions Found.
Am I in the right page?
pasted1

Matias

Matias,

We are not building extensions for 32 bit platforms, and it appears from your screenshot that is what you are looking at.

Let us know if you have troubles downloading extensions for 64 bit platforms.

AF

HI Matias,

You will also need a correct revision number to see the list of extensions. (as seen on download.slicer.org: .

Are you trying to populate the extensions list in an installed version of slicer or a built one? If you’re trying to get extensions on a built version of slicer you need to get the git-hash for the nightly revision number: git svn find-rev r25938 (for example), and then checkout the branch with that hash.

Hope this helps!
Hina

Unfortunately the default app store link never shows anything because you
need to switch to 64bit and specify a revision number.

Here are links to see extensions for the 4.6.2 builds on Mac and Windows:

http://slicer.kitware.com/midas3/slicerappstore?layout=empty&os=macosx&arch=amd64&revision=25516

http://slicer.kitware.com/midas3/slicerappstore?layout=empty&os=win&arch=amd64&revision=25516

If you see these, but the download fails inside slicer then the issue may
lie elsewhere. Did you look in the error log?

Hi Fedorov, I changed to 64 bits and still I can’t see anything…

Thanks, I’m trying to populate in an installed version of Slicer in a Windows 64 bits machine,

Thanks Pieper, I went to the links you shared and was able to download the extension and install it. Now, I’m curious why it wouldn’t let me install in the Slicer app itself…

This is in the error log:
“Failed downloading: http://slicer.kitware.com/midas3/download?items=259272

@Matias_Montroull, following the link you included, it looks like a problem on the server

I think @jcfr is the only person who can answer what is happening.

Hi @Matias_Montroull,

Short version:

Install Slicer 4.6.2 , extensions are expected to be available.

Long version

The link you provided corresponds to extension 25441-win-amd64-SkullStripper-git280121d-2015-01-12.zip which is associated with Slicer r25441 and corresponds to Slicer 4.6.0. This can be seen using these links:

I would suggest to download the latest “stable” version 4.6.2 here: http://download.slicer.org (which is associated with r25516)

Slicer AppStore from the web

Using this link: @KitwareMedical/slicer-extensions-webapp will allow to enter revision number and also select the expected platform and arch.

(Note that the layout=empty& is not present in this link)

Hi, I am using 3DSlicer version 4.9.0 on Windows 7-64bit

• In Install Extensions tab I get an access error:
    “you must be authenticed to acces this URL…”
    (I registered and logged into kitware with my own account to be sure)

-Went to http://slicer.kitware.com/midas3/item/261265
to manually download the DMRI plugin
now I get the same error posted earlier:

An error occurred
The system has encountered the following error:
Unable to find file on the disk
In /projects/src/Midas3/core/controllers/components/DownloadBitstreamComponent.php, line: 45
etc.

Should I revert to an older version or what might be my problem? Thanks,
John

Extension packages for nightly versions may be cleaned up to conserve disk space. Download the latest nightly build of Slicer (as of now, 26654) - the extension package is available for this build (@KitwareMedical/slicer-extensions-webapp).

Slicer app store does not require you to log in for downloading packages. The error that you got (“you must be authenticed to acces this URL…”) is most likely is a message from your hospital/corporate firewall.

Yes, the new version (26654) will work with the manual install plugin (no dialog box to let you know it is done though). FYI, there is a windows console window present (I assume this is now default or a debugging component?). Now always on exit of 3D slicer I get a memory leak error the log is:

Generic Warning: In C:\D\N\Slicer-0-build\VTKv9\Common\Core\vtkDebugLeaks.cxx, line 281
Deleting unknown object: vtkSlicerTractographyInteractiveSeedingLogic

Generic Warning: In C:\D\N\Slicer-0-build\VTKv9\Common\Core\vtkDebugLeaks.cxx, line 281
Deleting unknown object: vtkSlicerFiberBundleLogic

Deleting unknown object: vtkMRMLFiberBundleNode

Deleting unknown object: vtkMRMLFiberBundleLineDisplayNode

Deleting unknown object: vtkPolyDataColorLinesByOrientation

Deleting unknown object: vtkPolyDataTensorToColor

Deleting unknown object: vtkMRMLFiberBundleTubeDisplayNode

Deleting unknown object: vtkPolyDataTensorToColor

Deleting unknown object: vtkPolyDataColorLinesByOrientation

Deleting unknown object: vtkMRMLFiberBundleGlyphDisplayNode

Deleting unknown object: vtkMRMLFiberBundleStorageNode

Deleting unknown object: vtkMRMLTractographyInteractiveSeedingNode

Deleting unknown object: vtkTractographyDisplayMRMLDMObjectFactory

Thanks for the report. I’ll take a look at the leak warnings.