Full screen issue with slicer on mac os 15.0.1

full screen issue with slicer on mac os 15.0.1. the right of screen is clipped in full screen . this is since i got new mac os 15

The content of the Slicer window juat does not fit on the screen. You can drag the vertical splitter between the module panel and the views to make a vit more space for the viewers. You can also try to force size constraints by exiting and entering maximized window state.

this is new issue , never happened before regardless of view im using . i think its related to new Mac Os. even in full screen it fits well then stretches out of screen which is very unusal behavior .

previosuly it fits ok then i drag vertical splitter ro make think even . now it is diffrent .
just wanted to report it

Could you take a screen capture video to illustrate what is happening exactly?

i tried video but didn’t wok . ill try taking another one

here is a screen shot in fullscreen mode , you can see cropped right side at the sagittal section

i also noticed non reposviveness in many basic functions in fullscreen . like scrolling through slices or pressing any icon . it stops responding until i exit fullscreen mode.

These issues are probably due to bugs in macOS and/or Qt. They may be fixed in upcoming patches by Apple or maybe by Qt. Until then you may need to avoid using full-screen mode.

If you can send a screen capture video then it may help us identifying the underlying problem and figure out workarounds.

here is a video . this is similar but in this both sagittal and coronal is moving .
the same issue but seems getting worse

hopefully im not wasting your time with these silliy issues

Thanks for the video, it looks interesting. Can you check if it makes any difference if you deactivate the push-pin icon in the slice view controllers of the green and yellow slice views? Do you observe any issues if you are in different view layout, such as “3D Only”?

I’ve tried running latest Slicer Preview on macOS 15.0.1 using a 14” MacBook Pro and did not see this issue when in full screen mode. This piece of hardware has a 3024x1964 display. I tried going into the same general registration module with three over three layout and everything was positioned appropriately.

I can observe a similar application cut off issue if I go into macOS Settings->Display and changed text size from “1512x982” aka Default on my system to a larger size that is “1352x878”.

@mohammed_alshakhas what hardware are you using? And your display settings?

1 Like