GeodesicSlicer extension published

Dear all,
We are pleased to inform you that our article about one 3D Slicer extension (GeodesicSlicer) has just been published in NeuroInformatics:

Once again, thanks to @lassoan and @cpinter for their valuable help.

Frederic

3 Likes

Hi Frederic,
thanks for the news, I tried to intall the extension. But in slicer it shows error at starting

/NA-MIC/Extensions-28812/GeodesicSlicer/lib/Slicer-4.11/qt-scripted-modules/GeodesicSlicer.py", line 103
ScriptedLoadableModuleWidget.setup(self)
                                       ^

TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation >

Hi @muntahi398,
I advise you to use the last stable version of 3D Slicer. The software works well on the version 4.10.2.
After that, I am discovering your bug in the Preview Release. However, this is exactly the same code than the release version. Do you have an idea @jcfr ? Some compilation mistake?
Thanks.

The error is due to inconsistent use of whitespace: you must either indent only tabs or only spaces, but in the GeodesicSlicer.py you have a random mixture. It should have failed with Slicer-4.10 as well.

I did a quick automatic formatting of the file in Visual Studio Code and submitted a pull request. I haven’t tested it, so make sure to test the changes yourself.

1 Like

Thanks @lassoan.
Once again, I don’t understand why it’s work on the previous version and not now, but the inconsistent mixture seems to be the way out of the issue.

1 Like