HDR brachytherapy plan loading

Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this is the right topic, but it looks similar to the error I get.

I am trying to import an HDR brachytherapy treatment planning in DICOM format, previously exported from Oncentra Brachy. I have the SlicerRT extension already installed, but when trying to load the files from DICOM Browser I get the following error:

“Could not load RTDOSE as a RT”
“Could not load RTPLAN as a RT”

And when going to Data module, only the volume and RTSTRUCT are available.

Are brachytherapy plannings supported in SlicerRT?

If they are, I can share the DICOM files if that could help.

Thank you very much in advance,

Alessandro

We implemented brachy plan import in SlicerRT a few months ago. It means that it is not available in 4.10.1, but it is in recent preview versions. If you haven’t then please try a preview release.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick answer!

Unfortunately, I am working in 3D Slicer 4.10.2 and I got that error.

Do I have to do something differently or extra in order to import a brachytherapy planning?

Preview release is a 3D Slicer 4.11.0, version 4.10.2 is a stable one.

1 Like

Hello Mikhail, thank you very much for the clarification!

I tried with the 4.11.0 version and it managed to load the RTPLAN, although same error appeared regarding the RTDOSE. However, I just wanted to reconstruct the catheters, so I did not need the dose at all.

Thanks again!

If you give us access to the dose file we can check to see what’s the problem with loading it.

I’ve uploaded a .zip file with the DICOM files to Google Drive:

Is it ok for you? Thanks in advance!

Got the file, thank you! I will take a look at it hopefully soon.

Hello everyone,

I also installed the Slicer RT extension for 3D Slicer 5.4.0. However, I tried to load the files from the DICOM Browser and I got an error:

“Could not load: 1: RTDOSE: Dose for Brachy plan as an RT”

My screenshot file is attached.

Thank you very much in advance

Thu