Hiding "Reload & Test" in Specific Module Panels

Hi all,

I usually work with several module panels open at the same time.
Is it possible to hide the “Reload & Test” option in specific module panels?

Best,

You can hide the reload & test section for specific modules in python like this:

slicer.modules.segmenteditor.widgetRepresentation().self().reloadCollapsibleButton.visible = False
1 Like

Do you mean you add an entire module widget into your own module widget? This is not supported and can lead to many issues (for example, only one module widget can be in “entered” state). Instead, you can add any reusable widgets to your module that other modules provide.

I want to display multiple widgets simultaneously as shown in the picture. Would this pose any long-term issues? If there are any issues, could I gain insights into implementing a layout like the one shown below? Even a little advice would be greatly helpful.

When I had to do something similar, I created custom layouts, in which some views showed the image (2D, 3D, anything that is supported currently), and other views contained a widget that I could set from my custom app code. These widgets were not entire Slicer module widgets (for the reason @lassoan mentioned), but widgets that I created myself. In this way you cannot get floating widgets, but at least a more flexible control over the layout. See an example of such a layout here: https://youtu.be/zs-0mZQLB48?t=137

1 Like