Simplify Slicer or Remove some modules from Slicer

Operating system:win10
Slicer version:4.10.0
Expected behavior:
Actual behavior:

Hi,everyone. I am studying on the source code of slicer 4.10.0 and i am wondering
if it is possible to cut off some modules (that i may never use) from slicer,
cause now there are too many of them, which sometimes make it difficult and
time-consuming to find the module that i really want .

and also i tend to simplify some specific modules by only maintaining some
functionalities that i want. So i would like to know if it is possible to do that?
And are there any suggestions can be offered to me to help me to do this task ?

Thanks in advance !

If you would like to disable some modules you could do it:

tend to simplify some specific modules by only maintaining some functionalities that i want.

Modules are composed integrating widgets. This means you could easily create your own module re-using widgets provided by other module.

Here are example of re-usable module widgets and associated Qt designer plugins: Slicer/Modules/Loadable/Markups/Widgets at main · Slicer/Slicer · GitHub

If an existing module doesn’t provide re-usable components, let us know and we can provide guidance to refactor the code.

It is also possible to improve existing widgets to give you the required flexibility to craft your own module.

I think what would be ideal for you is a slicelet or a Slicer custom app
https://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/Nightly/Developers/Slicelets

Let us know if you need help.

@cpinter @jcfr Thanks for the extremely helpful reply. I tried and it works very well .
But for the widget part, i still have problems which comes from the combination of
C++ and Python, i assume.

More specific, in segment editor module, the main frame is achieved in C++ and Qt.
But when it comes to the “Effects”(see pic 1 below, red rectangle), all of them are
achieved with Python, so i am confused and don’t know how to do, cause i only
want part of them and delete/hide others. For example, i only want to keep some
functionalities in yellow circle(see pic 2 ). Any advice ?

pic 1

pic 2