I can't loading my CT image successfully

Operating system: Windows 10
Slicer version: 3D slicer 4.9 (nightly)
Expected behavior: No problem!
Actual behavior: The software gives me a error message when using MultiVolumeImporter plugin.

Hello!
I’m a newbie for doing PET-CT researches and using this software to analysis.
When I try to using DICOM module for importing dcm data. The software shows a error message of MultiVolumeImporter.
Can you give me some suggestion to solve this problem?
The pictures of screenshot and python log message as follow:

============Message from Python Interactor===================
Python 2.7.13 (default, Sep 27 2018, 23:06:33) [MSC v.1900 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

>>>

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files\Slicer 4.9.0-2018-09-27\lib\Slicer-4.9\qt-scripted-modules\DICOMLib\DICOMWidgets.py", line 737, in getLoadablesFromFileLists

loadablesByPlugin[plugin] = plugin.examine(fileLists)

File "C:/Program Files/Slicer 4.9.0-2018-09-27/bin/../lib/Slicer-4.9/qt-scripted-modules/MultiVolumeImporterPlugin.py", line 106, in examine

loadables += self.examineFiles(files)

File "C:/Program Files/Slicer 4.9.0-2018-09-27/bin/../lib/Slicer-4.9/qt-scripted-modules/MultiVolumeImporterPlugin.py", line 493, in examineFiles

mvNodes = self.initMultiVolumes(subseriesLists[key])

File "C:/Program Files/Slicer 4.9.0-2018-09-27/bin/../lib/Slicer-4.9/qt-scripted-modules/MultiVolumeImporterPlugin.py", line 787, in initMultiVolumes

tagValue = self.tm2ms(tagValueStr) # convert to ms

File "C:/Program Files/Slicer 4.9.0-2018-09-27/bin/../lib/Slicer-4.9/qt-scripted-modules/MultiVolumeImporterPlugin.py", line 756, in tm2ms

sec = sec+ssfrac

UnboundLocalError: local variable 'sec' referenced before assignment

Warning: Plugin failed: MultiVolumeImporterPlugin

See python console for error message.

DICOM Plugin failed: local variable 'sec' referenced before assignment

MultiVolumeImporterPlugin fails because in one of the DICOM files, time string format is invalid. If you are not trying to read a 4D CT then you don’t need MultiVolumeImporterPlugin, so you can ignore the error (you can disable the plugin if you don’t want to see the error message at all).

If you cannot load the CT then most likely it is not valid DICOM. See more details here.

2 Likes