Interest in integration with Formlabs PreForm software?

Hi all – question for the group: is there any demand for a Slicer extension that would connect the software to PreForm software from Formlabs? PreForm is free print preparation software for Formlabs 3D printers and reads STL and OBJ files. Any input, feedback, or recommendations from those who use Slicer for radiology applications and 3D print anatomical models would be appreciated.

https://support.formlabs.com/s/topic/0TO1Y000000IvrYWAS?language=en_US

Thanks for reaching out. There are a couple of things that it could be nice to coordinate/collaborate on:

• how to specify additional data for exported meshes: for example coordinate unit (mm, inches,…), color, material, etc.
  • display mesh quality check results (too thin walls, etc) within Slicer
  • if formlabs printers support volumetric specification of color, transparency, material properties, the there could be many new applications

Are you going to be at RSNA? A couple of core developers will be there and it could be nice to talk in person. If yes, then you can write me a private message to discuss the details (click on my name and then on the mail icon).

Hi Andras – thanks for your note and interesting ideas. I will be at RSNA this year and would be happy to meet. There is a 3D Printing/Advanced Visualization Showcase area where we can meet and even bring in others in the 3DP industry as appropriate.

I will DM you shortly.

1 Like

Hi - please feel free to dm so we can meet at RSNA. I could not find a way to DM you.
Thanks,
Gaurav

1 Like