Interpreting the results of ExtensionStats

I’ve been using ExtensionStats module to get the number of downloads for Slicer extensions, and I have questions about intepreting the results this module returns.

What this extension returns is the number of downloads for each release type, where the following releases are available:

• pre-releases-nightly
  • <release number>
  • <release number>-nightly

Where I am confused is this:

1. What is pre-release-nightly?

2. Why do some extensions (DCMQI, for example) only list downloads for the pre-release-nightly? In the case of DCMQI, it was released in November 2016, in time for 4.6. I know I downloaded it at least once from the release! Also, QuantitativeReporting lists non-0 number of downloads for 4.6.2 and 4.6.2-nightly, and it depends on DCMQI, so DCMQI must have been downloaded for each download of QuantitativeReporting, but DCMQI numbers for 4.6.2 and 4.6.2-nightly are listed as 0.

I’ve added more detailed logging to the module and based on that it seems the aggregation of download counts is incorrect. It would be great if you could have a look, but if you don’t have time then I can check it later this week.

Ooops. I should have thought about that possibility! I will update this post if I find anything, but I am running between meetings for most of the rest of the day.

I had some time and cleaned up the download count aggregation. Please test.

1 Like

The updated version seems to produce results that make more sense. Thank you!