I am looking for the best way to
- Register intrasubject preoperative T1 MRI to T2 MRI of the brain
- Register a postoperative CT (DBS-electrodes) to the coregistered preoperative MRI of the same subject
Step 1 is no problem for me but I have trouble registering the reg. MRI to the postOP CT
I was thinking about the following procedure:
- Align centers with volume modul
- Use BRAINs registration with: MRI as fixed and postOP CT as moving volume, percentage of sample 0.01, useCenterOFHeadAlign, Rigid and Affine registration phases.
Afterwards my aim is to normalize and register this MRIT1/T2_postOPCT registration to an atlas.
I am particularly interested in subcortical regions as e.g. the STN
- Is the above mentioned way apropriate or am I missing something (e.g. ROI-mask, bias intensity inhomogenity correction) as it doesn’t give me well fitting results…
- Is an affine registration still okay as I need the electrode positions as exactly as possible and therefore need to have the best registration result with as much “linearity” as possible?
- What ist the best way to check for a good result of the registration of a CT of the brain to an MRI of the brain in your experience?
I am very grateful for any help or comment