Is there any tutorial "how to translate the English language to another"?

That is what i could gather too… Is it not possible to move to a system like all other software where localization is simply a matter of editing the POT files… or does that process require lots of effort and funding…

There’s a lot of excellent information on this topic in the thread below. Basically, yes it’s a complex project but achievable with effort.

1 Like

I could do the french translation if needed but have to consult my boss first.

1 Like

As far as I know Spanish and Arabic translations are already ongoing, although I’m not sure about their current status. If somebody is taking on any of these two, then please contact me so we can coordinate.

1 Like

Hi,

Any update on the Spanish translation? Is there any alpha/beta translation file in progress we can use?

We have submitted a CZI Essential Software application for getting funding for developing infrastructure for internationalization of 3D Slicer (the full user interface, all kinds of modules, and their help an documentation). We’ll hear from the result in late July.

There have been preliminary work that @cpinter mentioned, which aimed for translation of specific parts of the application. However, without strong internationalization infrastructure in Slicer core, it is quite limited how far these efforts can go.

I asked for the repositories of this previous effort I mentioned, here is the answer:

• I worked on the i10n of script modules, and it showed in the PW31_2019_Boston ( link ) you can find the commits and next steps.
  • For more details see the pull request link

Maybe some of this can be built upon.

1 Like

That is a good news!