CZI Essential Open Source Software for Science (EOSS) Award for 3D Slicer Internationalization

It is my distinct pleasure to announce that we have been awarded an Essential Open Source Software for Science (EOSS) grant from the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI), a philanthropy led by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Dr. Priscilla Chan. The grant will support the new “3D Slicer in My Language” project to increase the accessibility of 3D Slicer in non-English speaking countries. We are thrilled to start developing a French version of 3D Slicer in collaboration with Cheikh Anta Diop University in Senegal thanks to the award. In the future, we plan to translate 3D Slicer to other languages to empower members of the global Slicer community to analyze their own data in their own language.

24 Likes

Clap clap clap!!! Congratulations!!! If you need some help with the spanish language I will be extremely glad to help.

A post was split to a new topic: Fail to import DICOM data with special characters in it