Island Effect is deleting other segments (deleting the copies of my original segment)

Operating system: macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Slicer version: 4.11 20200930

I managed to duplicate a hollow (vessel wall) version of my model into a solid (blood pool) as described in this post → How would people extract center line on a hollow model?

Now, when I apply the Island Effect "keep largest island’ on either the hollow segment or the solid segment, the other segment gets deleted aswell!

I thought that any effects would only apply to the selected segment, yet it seems that using the “copy” (logical operator) tool gives both segments the same identity and 3DSlicer treats them both as the same segment? Is there a way to make them separate? I do not want my tools to affect both segments simultaneously when I have only selected one of them.

Copy does not connects segments in any way, if in masking settings you selected “Allow overlap”.

If overlap is allowed (or the segments do not overlap) and modifying a segment still seem to affect another segment then try to do the same in a recent Slicer Preview Release. There were some related fixes since the Slicer-4.11 20200930 release.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll have a look at that!