Loading vector fields (.vf)

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to load vector fields with .vf extension? I tried to load them in the preview release 3D Slicer version but I couldn’t do it.
I would appreciate any help.
Thank you.

What software generated this file?

Can you save it as a NRRD volume file or ITK HDF5 transform file instead? (these are the formats Slicer can read displacement fields from)

If you cannot save your vector field in any of these formats then you can you have a few other options:

• load the .vf file as a numpy array with some Python package that can read such files, then use slicer.util.updateVolumeFromArray to get it into a volume node (which can then be saved as a .nrrd file)
  • use RawImageGuess extension to generate a NRRD file header (.nhdr file) that Slicer can use to load the volume

Hi Andras, thank you for your response.

I was trying to use the online available dataset popi-model_original_page - Rayonnement, Images, Oncologie (insa-lyon.fr), including CT images, masks and vector fields. I can load them into VV software, but I’m afraid that I cannot save them as a NRRD volume file or another format type. So, I will try to follow your suggestion. Thank you.

The website describes the format of the data. You can use that information in RawImageGuess extension.

1 Like