Mandible registration

Hi @Lexus_H and @bpaniagua

Sorry i was bit busy.

I did use the models Erin send for registration with CMF Regis - surface registration

With max iterations and max landmarks.

Please see the video

The registration is not good. This is similar to problem i encountered with my previous work.

I solve my problem with cloud compare but i wanted to stick to one software for my work and i got good results with CMR- ROI registration.

In this case i did not do the ROI registration because i again encountered the bug that i reported on this some time back.

I use these models in cloud compare even with default setting i got good results.

please check the color maps with both registration methods

Erin i think you can try CMF ROI method. I think it should work pretty well.

Also since you have DICOM data why don’t you do the Image registration (General Registration -BRAINS) and then do the segmentation. Then your segments will be created properly registered. It would be great if @bpaniagua or Prof @lassoan can tell further about this.

Is registration on DICOM will be more accurate than registering the Surface models/Segments ?

Despite the answer to me previously by Prof Lasso on registration i am still baffled by the accuracy of cloud compare registration over CMF Surface registration. :star_struck:

In any case the problem that we set out to see seems like you are not measuring the model to model distance properly. Please see the video.