Markups - highlight selected markup clicked in 3D view?

Oy, the MRB is kinda big. Couple of GB. I can see if I can trim it down… It’s an insect, of course, so no worries about making it anonymous, ha ha.

It is NOT the fcsv file - I copied my FCSV file from my setup that does not work into the one I just created with CTACardio, and I can right-click and it works fine. Likewise, if I copy the F.fcsv file from CTCardio to my setup that does not work, and I can’t right click. So it’s something in the MRML file. I’m checking the 3 blocks that have to do with markups.

Then try @muratmaga’s suggestion of making sure that the markups node is not locked (Control points/Interaction in Views enabled).

Interaction in views was enabled. Still didn’t work.

I was finally able to get it working by deleting the node, then re-loading it. I’m slowly looking through the diffs in the XML between the working and non-working ones and I’ll let you know if I find the smoking gun.

Thanks very much for your help!

1 Like

Just a quick follow-up on this. I wasn’t able to tell which bit of XML was making it fail, but it appears to be some file version incompatibility in the MRML file. It is a very simple workaround/fix though-

1. Go to Data module
  2. Delete markups node
  3. Go to “Add data”
  4. re-load markups fcsv file

Murat @muratmaga and Andras @lassoan - Thanks for taking the time to look at it. I can probably make up a mrb that reproduces it but because it’s such a simple procedure to update the file, I see very little benefit in tracking down what’s going on in the code, but let me know.

Can you share the original scene that reproduces the problem? You can share a few-gigabyte scene file via OneDrive or Google Drive.

Thanks to the example scene that @hherhold shared, we found a subtle error in subject hierarchy module’s context menu observation mechanism setup that is not fixed. With this fix, context menu now always appears when the markup is right-clicked.

1 Like

Thanks Andras! I took a quick look at the change to help get more familiar with the code - it probably would have taken me months to figure that out!

I did also notice something this morning - when I do right click on a markup node and use “Rename point…” to change the name, then save, it does not mark the markups node as having been changed. If you don’t notice this and then exit after saving, you lose all the name changes. If you do manually check the markups node in the save dialog, it does save.

Does the change you made to the hierarchy code possibly fix this? I can start a new topic with this as a bug if necessary.

Thanks again,

-Hollister

No need to create a new topic, I’ve fixed this in

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks again!

1 Like