Movement of an organ

Operating system: Windows 10
Slicer version: 4.10.2
Expected behavior: I would like to animate the stomach in the 3D-Version, so that the stomach is moving in the segmentation.
Actual behavior: The registration is completed.

I have segmented the stomach in frame 0. I load the images as a volume sequence. In the MRT-Data the stomach is moving. I followed the other forum articles but my stomach in 3D does not move.

Can you please give me a hint?
Thanks,
Felic

More information would be helpful. Did you use “Sequence Registration”? What were the settings you used? A screenshot showing them would be helpful.

What you need is a sequence of transforms that you will apply to your segmentation, so this needs to have been generated by your registration procedure.

I think everything looks good so far. The last step is to apply the transform sequence to your segmentation. The easiest way to do this is to go to the data module and right click on the Transform icon next to your segmentation
and choose OutputTransform on the list at the bottom. Then, as you play through the frames of your sequence the sequence of output transforms will be applied to your segmentation, and you should see it moving in 3D (and in the slice views).

You are using an older version of Slicer than I am. You can try right-clicking in the farthest right column and see if you get the same option (I don’t recall whether that functionality was available in 4.10.2 or not). If not, you can open the “Transforms” module, select the OutputTransform, and then, down in the Apply Transform section, select “Segmentation” on the Transformable list, and then click the right green arrow to move it to the Transformed list. This method will definitely be available for you.

There is some documentation available on how transforms work and how they can be applied here: Transforms — 3D Slicer documentation

Slicer-4.10 was released more than 2 years ago. We have implemented hundreds of fixes and improvements since then. I would recommend to use at least the latest Slicer Stable Release, but since the latest stable is almost 9 months old and the Slicer Preview Release works well, I would recommend to use the preview release now.

The stomach is moving!
You made my day.
Now I will change to the latest release.
I am very thankful for your help

Felic

2 Likes