Need help with the research project on methods for registering some objects.

Hi, I am getting my masters, so need to complete my research project where I need to superimpose 2 objects based on certain areas (ROI) and look at the differences of other (not superimposed) parts of those 2 objects. Basically, need a method. Should be easy for those who know the program and I am willing to compensate. Any developers can help with that?

Congratulation of wrapping up your research project, this is exciting!

I need to superimpose 2 objects based on certain areas (ROI)

May be you could use the FiducialRegistration module to align the two images.

look at the differences of other (not superimposed) parts of those 2 objects.

After computing the registration transform, you could display each images in a different viewer. This should allow allow you to “look” at both images.

You could also display the transformation. Look for “Transform display options” at https://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/4.10/Modules/Transforms

I am willing to compensate

While some of the Commercial Partners could help with this, I think you should be able to get help and make progress leveraging this forum first.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your reply, the reason I asked for help is because I am getting stuck on a very basic step. I loaded my .stl files and Slicer recognized them as “models”. Than, when I want to register, it asks me to select “volumes” to register and it seems like it does not recognize the data files I loaded.
Please see attached picture49%20PM

You can use the ModelRegistration module in the SlicerIGT extension.

Is it something I need to install? Or how do I access in in Slicer?

Yes, you need to install SlicerIGT extension to get ModelRegistration module.

ModelRegistration module provides rigid registration. If you need deformable registration then you can convert model nodes to segmentation node (using Segmentations module, by creating a new segmentation and importing the models into it), then use Segment Registration module (provided by SegmentRegistration extension) to compute transformation between them.