Superimposition

Operating system:
Slicer version:
Expected behavior:
Actual behavior:

Hello all, I am absolutely new to this product but I see that it is very powerful and capable. I’m excited to start using it.

My project is to “stitch” STL files of teeth to a CBCT scan of the entire head (using some sort of best fit superimposition) and then superimpose the same CBCT without the stitched teeth, and measure differences of tooth positioning. Knowing that I have no idea to navigate the program (but I am technologically savvy), is there a way for me to do that in this software? Thank you.

Generally, yes, probably all the operations you need could be implemented in Slicer. Some of it probably requires custom programming. Probably best for you to work through the tutorials and see what people have been able to accomplish. That will give you a better idea how to go about it.

Hlo sir, iam planning to do a thesis with finding rate of canine retraction. for that i need to superimpose pre and post treatment maxillary 3D model which was created using intra oral scanning.so i would like to know how to superimpose 3d maxillary models using this 3D slicer. actually im new to this software, so can u pls guide me how to do superimposition of 3D maxillary models. can u tell me step by step process of how to do it with latest version of 3D slicer 5.6.1

In context of medical images, the process you describe is called registration. Depending on what you want to measure/analyze, there are many of ways of doing it.

Please read the introduction at the Slicer user manual, and then see which one would be more relevant for your task:

https://slicer.readthedocs.io/en/latest/user_guide/registration.html