Nightly mac Slicer-4.9.0-2018-03-13-macosx-amd64 does not open

Message is:

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @rpath/Frameworks/QtMultimedia.framework/Versions/5/QtMultimedia
  Referenced from: /private/var/folders/*/Slicer.app/Contents/MacOS/Slicer
  Reason: image not found

All the Slicer.app/Contents/Frameworks/Qt*.framework/Versions/5 directories are empty, whereas in previous builds they include the libraries.

I wasn’t able to open that package at all from Finder – nothing happened after double-clicking. I was able to load the image successfully with hdiutil attach <Slicer-###.dmg>, and the Qt frameworks seem to be there (Slicer starts ok).

@ihnorton Can you check which version the dmg you are using? There are two with the same name/data in midas:

The one with the (1) postfix is the one with the missing frameworks while the other one (from yesterday) does have the frameworks.

The one I have is reported as 295 MB on-disk, so must be the first one.

edit: not sure what happened last time I tried, but just double-clicked the .dmg again, and the open dialog popped right up.

@jcfr Maybe one of the changes to the dashboard scripts yesterday changed the packaging of Qt frameworks…

Good point.

Prior to the update of the scripts, a custom build of Qt 5.10.0 was used (with complete run time paths). See here. After, a regular install of 5.9.1 was used. See here (with fixed references to library using @rpath).

This was an oversight that is now fixed in Slicer/DashboardScripts@877c0ce

Until the improvements of @ihnorton (Slicer PR#889) are finalized and integrated, on macOS we need to package Slicer using a custom build of Slicer.

In the mean time, anyone can build Qt 5.10.0 on macOS using GitHub - jcfr/qt-easy-build: Scripts allowing to easily build Qt with OpenSSL support on Linux, macOS or Windows

2 posts were split to a new topic: macOS build on the factory failed with “No Java runtime present … Alarm clock: 14”