Python qt library is missing from today's mac nightly

The 2018-02-11 mac nightly won’t start for me because it’s missing the PythonQT library.

Library not loaded: @rpath/lib/Slicer-4.9/libPythonQt.dylib
  Referenced from: /private/var/folders/*/Slicer.app/Contents/MacOS/Slicer
  Reason: image not found

But if I manually copy in an older version of that file (from the 2018-02-07 build) it works.

Oddly today’s nightly windows version does have a correct pythonqt library and works so there must be something mac-specific about why this is missing.

The only thing I can think of is that I updated PythonQT and CTK with this change to the wrapping but it shouldn’t have changed the packaging and it doesn’t have anything mac specific.

Any other reason why that file would be missing from the nightly?

Look like this commit is also new: https://github.com/Slicer/Slicer/commit/83e1a22e56ab1c97d9ac6c6a6e545e2b6a7de1f7 and most likely introduced the regression.

When I first integrated this patch, I incorrectly assessed its impact. I will be pushing a fix before the end of the day.

Thanks @jcfr - let me know if I accidentally broke something with that - it should have been a small change unrelated to packaging.

It is a side effect of updating the version. The commit I referenced wasn’t yet used to build the version of PythonQt indirectly integrated into Slicer

Ah, I see - thanks for clarifying.

This should be fixed by r26911

1 Like