position and to move (x,y,z) object in 3D Scene

I would like to know whether the package 3D Slicer ( C++ Windows OS) provides APIs which allow to position and to move (x,y,z) object in 3D Scene ( build from DICOM CT scan files) and update the object position R.T (10 Hz) in the scene.
Could you please provide an example code that shows how to do it?

Thanks
Kobi

Yes, this should be no problem at all. Slicer is used widely in various real-time image guidance and robotic applications. In general, achieving 30Hz update rate should be no problem. See SlicerIGT website for more details and lots of step-by-step tutorials. You can also do all these real-time object manipulations in virtual reality, using 6-DoF controllers.

Hi Andras,

Thank you for your valuable information. I looked over the material and it looks like it is a very good platform to be based on.

I tried to investigate it a little further, unfortunately, I got some error (see below) when I built the package SlicerIGT-mater using CMake. The file “SlicerConfig.cmake” is missing and I couldn’t find it in either one of the packages ( the above and the Slicer-master).

I appreciate your assistance.

BR

Kobi

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:20 (find_package):
By not providing “FindSlicer.cmake” in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by “Slicer”, but
CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by “Slicer” with any
of the following names:

SlicerConfig.cmake
slicer-config.cmake

image001.jpg

You don’t need to build SlicerIGT but you can install it from the extension manager.

If you want to build an extension then you need to build Slicer first, then follow these instructions.

Andres,

Thanks for ref material.

I attached 5 slides describe shortly what we are trying to do and my general understating about the 3DSlicer+ Extensions.

In slide #6, I added some questions.

I would appreciate your advice.

BR

Kobi

image001.jpg

(Attachment Epidutech_SW_3DSlicer.pdf is missing)

The attachment did not come through. Please upload the file to dropbox/onedrive/googledrive and post the link here.

Thanks for letting me know and I am sorry about that.

Here is the file dropbox link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0fj2fz2woympps/Epidutech_SW_3DSlicer.pdf?dl=0.

BR

image001.jpg