Problem in Editor module

I am trying to build Slicer again in my windows machine. I have some problem in loading the editor module. When I am switching to the Editor module, I am getting this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/D/S4R/Slicer-build/lib/Slicer-4.11/qt-scripted-modules/Editor.py", line 247, in setup
    self.createEditBox()
  File "C:/D/S4R/Slicer-build/lib/Slicer-4.11/qt-scripted-modules/Editor.py", line 287, in createEditBox
    self.toolsBox = EditorLib.EditBox(self.editBoxFrame, optionsFrame=self.effectOptionsFrame)
  File "C:\D\S4R\Slicer-build\lib\Slicer-4.11\qt-scripted-modules\EditorLib\EditBox.py", line 37, in __init__
    self.effectActionGroup.exclusive = True
AttributeError: 'exclusive' does not exist on QActionGroup and creating new attributes on C++ objects is not allowed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/D/S4R/Slicer-build/lib/Slicer-4.11/qt-scripted-modules/Editor.py", line 129, in enter
    self.installShortcutKeys()
  File "C:/D/S4R/Slicer-build/lib/Slicer-4.11/qt-scripted-modules/Editor.py", line 98, in installShortcutKeys
    ('z', self.toolsBox.undoRedo.undo),
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'undoRedo'

I think it is a small bug and fixable.
Thank you

We’re not maintaining the legacy Editor module anymore, so hopefully you can switch your workflow to the Segment Editor. Of course you may be correct that this is a small bug and if you find a fix it could make sense to merge it.

Yes, in fact we are just working on removing the last few usages of Editor module in various extensions and if that happens (within a few days or worst case weeks) then the Editor module will not be available in Slicer-4.11 anymore. We are happy to help with porting any code that you have, optimizing your workflow or GUI for Segment Editor, just let us know what you need.

Well I already have updated my code to use Segmentation module. However, DMRI extension still needs label map for running tractography seeding. Can we generate label map directly from segmentation?

DMRI extension should be updated to also accept segmentation node as input. Which module is this?

As a workaround you can export segmentation to labelmap by right-clicking on it in Data module.

In DMRI extension, its tractography seeding which accepts only label map.
Yes, I already have converted it into label map but just for other users it would be better if they can directly use segmentation input in tractography module.

Thanks

1 Like

Which module do you use? “Tractography Interactive Seeding” or “Tractography ROI Seeding”?

How would you select multiple segments for seeds? Would using all visible segments work? Or would you like to display a segment list table where you can select multiple segments (similar to the one in Segmentations module)?

Probably the best would be to add an issue to https://github.com/SlicerDMRI/SlicerDMRI/issues and discuss it further there.