Proposed custom module for the extension repository

Yes, name change is quite invasive (module name, folder name, class name, various file names), so let’s finalize that before the pull request.

Slicer can do actual vascular navigation (with electromagnetically tracked catheters, using SlicerIGT extension), so I would reserve “navigation” word for that. It would also limit the module’s purpose to only navigate/view, and not to do any quantification or analysis.

I think flow is too restrictive (the tool can be used for things that don’t flow, such as bones, nerves, …).

Reformat and analysis both sound OK. Analysis may be better if we want to add more features not just reformat. For example defining points along the curve and measure distances between those points, computing optimal C-arm rotation angles (see requirements here), measuring cross-section area, minimum/maximum radius (not just circular cross-section area), finding position of minimum/maximum diameter cross-sections, etc.

If we use “analysis” as last word then then I think only the “Cross-section” prefix would work with it (“Curve orthogonal analysis” would be a bit too confusing, and “Curve analysis” would be too general).

So, from the proposed combination, “Cross-section analysis” seems to be the most appropriate name. It is a bit broad, but the module will eventually do more than just position/orient slice view.