Python librairies

Hello everyone,
I have a little misunderstanding because I managed to install a python library "openslide-python==1.2.0
"on my machine but when I try to install it on another machine on slicer, it returns the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File “”, line 1, in

File “/home/eric.bardinet/Slicer-5.2.2-linux-amd64/bin/Python/slicer/util.py”, line 3578, in pip_install

_executePythonModule('pip', args)

File “/home/eric.bardinet/Slicer-5.2.2-linux-amd64/bin/Python/slicer/util.py”, line 3540, in _executePythonModule

logProcessOutput(proc)

File “/home/eric.bardinet/Slicer-5.2.2-linux-amd64/bin/Python/slicer/util.py”, line 3509, in logProcessOutput

raise CalledProcessError(retcode, proc.args, output=proc.stdout, stderr=proc.stderr)

subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘[’/home/nicolas.tempier/Slicer-5.2.2-linux-amd64/bin/…/bin/PythonSlicer’, ‘-m’, ‘pip’, ‘install’, ‘openslide-python’]’ returned non-zero exit status 1.

i installed it using pip_install(‘openslide-python’) and it worked before …
I tried pip_install(‘pip install ugrade pip’)
any ideas please ?

Unfortunately, openslide-python is a poorly implemented package, which requires manual installation of additional components.

We implemented automatic installation of openslide binaries on Windows in BigImage extension. You could make your extension depend on BigImage extension, or - to simplify things - improve and extend BigImage extension to do what you need. For example, it would be nice if you could implement automatic openslide installation for linux and/or macos as well.

Note that pip_install is the officially supported method of Python package installation in Slicer, as we may need to add extra options in the future to customize the behavior of pip in Slicer.