Release announcements?

Hi,
I’m quite new to this community, and I thought that by checking the website from time to time, I could find out when releases are made. But as it happened, 5.0 was released, and even 5.0.1 and 5.0.2, apparently with no announcement on the website.
At the time of this writing, the current documentation still says it is “work in progress, in preparation for the new Slicer-5.0 release”; the only change in the website, AFAICT, is in the “downloads” page, and the last message in the Forum “Release Notes” category is three years old, referring to Slicer 4.10.2. Releases are named in the Github Wiki, but there’s not much info there…

Is there a place I’ve missed, where later releases are announced with the details of major changes?

Thanks for checking in - yes, the new Slicer 5 binaries are available now and generally work great but they are still being patched here and there as issues come to light. There is a good draft of the release announcement but it hasn’t gone out yet. Bear with us - it’s a small team working on releases in parallel with lots of other work so sometimes getting all the pieces done takes time.

There’s a presentation about the status from the recent Project Week 37.

1 Like

Also you can see the todo list and some of the considerations in this github issue.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the explanation and references.