Release date for 3D Slicer 5.0?

Is there an expected release date for 3D Slicer 5.0? I co-teach a class where we use 3D Slicer and want to see if 5.0 is expected to be released soon in case I need to make changes to our documentation before the fall (mid-August 2021). Any information is much appreciated and I completely understand if the release date is pending.

I would guess that Slicer5 will be released by mid August. The current Slicer Preview Release is very close to Slicer5 (we plan mostly bugfixes and minor improvements). Therefore, you can prepare your training materials using the latest Slicer Preview Release.

1 Like

Thank you Andras, this is very helpful. And thank you to all the contributors working on Slicer5!

1 Like

Is there an update on this? I need to give a practical lesson for IAEA next week and I need to be sure which version to use.

There’s been a lot of progress but new things crop up that we think are important so the plan adapts. We are trying to keep the current nightly previews in good shape. For anything hands-on it makes sense to pick a date, confirm it works, and point users to that for download.

Good luck with your presentation. If you create materials or any presentations are recorded it would be great if you could post links here.

1 Like