I’m doing a case report on building slicer in a soft-ly linked dir.
I have two hard drives with typical config: one fast and small, one big and slow.
My home dir is on the fast disk, mounted at:
The big disk is mounted at:
I have a softlink in my home dir to the big disk:
/home/gaoyi/big --> /media/gaoyi/data/gaoyi/
I put Slicer on the big disk:
so it’s also:
I then did all the operation in the soft-ly linked foler, like mkdir for the super-build
But building gives errors from python, like:
CMake Error at /home/pv/usr/work/namic/rls20191103/sb-rls/python-pythonqt-requirements-prefix/src/python-pythonqt-requirements-stamp/python-pythonqt-requirements-install-Release.cmake:49 (message):
Command failed: 1
‘/home/pv/usr/work/namic/rls20191103/sb-rls/python-install/bin/PythonSlicer’ ‘-m’ ‘pip’ ‘install’ ‘–require-hashes’ ‘-r’ ‘/home/pv/usr/work/namic/rls20191103/sb-rls/python-pythonqt-requirements-requirements.txt’
CMakeFiles/python-pythonqt-requirements.dir/build.make:74: recipe for target ‘python-pythonqt-requirements-prefix/src/python-pythonqt-requirements-stamp/python-pythonqt-requirements-install’ failed
make: *** [python-pythonqt-requirements-prefix/src/python-pythonqt-requirements-stamp/python-pythonqt-requirements-install] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:257: recipe for target ‘CMakeFiles/python-pythonqt-requirements.dir/all’ failed
make: *** [CMakeFiles/python-pythonqt-requirements.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
CMake Error at /home/pv/usr/work/namic/rls20191103/sb-rls/python-dicom-requirements-prefix/src/python-dicom-requirements-stamp/python-dicom-requirements-install-Release.cmake:49 (message):
Command failed: 1
By looking into the log files, and calling the lsb_release file in the Super-build/python-install/bin/lsb_release, I got the error:
error: Application does NOT exists [/media/pv/data/pv/usr/work/namic/rls20191103/sb-rls/python-install/bin/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/usr/bin/./lsb_release]
Looks like it’s trying to find the system’s lsb_release at: /usr/bin/lsb_release
But, the number of “…/” is not correct. I believe this is because the soft link.
Solution seems simple: just build in the “real location”.