Retain Image Color in Volume Rendering

I tried to use the Probe volume with model but it didn’t work :frowning: . I used the RGBA volume to Probe volume with the model (with direct color mapping) and I choose my segmented model. My goal is to try to export my segmented models with the RGB volume as texture.

Here is the link to access the .mrb file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/129_MfWNBdJIzO6D4qiiVZVZXhXQmKKmw?usp=sharing

I’ve checked the scene. The problem was that the transform was not hardened on the rgb volume and CLI modules, such as “Probe volume with model” do not take into account transforms that are dynamically applied to a node. You can harden a transform in Data module by right-clicking on the icon in the transform column.

1 Like

Nice! I reach that result too! Thank you very much @lassoan :slight_smile:

1 Like

@lassoan when I try to save this model by clicking at “Save” and select “OBJ” I get this result with MeshLab:

Also, when I duplicated the model, disable the Scalars and stay both visibilities I get this result at 3D Slicer:

For me, this model is pretty good (considering the segmentation). My question is: can I export exactly this model as OBJ?

OBJ format does not support per-vertex color, so you would need to save this model as a format that does, for example VTK, VTP, or PLY. If you must use OBJ format then you can load the per-vertex colored model into a 3D modeling software and create a texture from the per-vertex colors.

1 Like

@lassoan Even exporting as PLY or another format I get a model without texture:

You can save the RGB values in PLY by a few lines of Python script, but I’ve submitted a pull request that makes this available automatically via standard save data feature. It will be probably available in Slicer Preview Release on Monday or Tuesday.

2 Likes