Rotate Views Without Rotating Image

Hi all,
I currently have a micro-CT of a phantom that, when loaded into Slicer, appears upside down (there are some file conversions going on before I get to Slicer, so this behaviour is probably correct from a software perspective). Is there a way to rotate my view of the image (e.g. rotate my view of the red slice 180 degrees) without moving the image itself? (e.g. by using the transforms module)

I’ll eventually be segmenting certain structures and performing a surface based registration to other CT images, so while using the transforms module would work, it would mean another transform/coordinate system to keep track of. My problem is really only with visualization so I’d like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

You can use Reformat module to set arbitrary orientation of slice views.

2 Likes

Perfect. Just tried and that’s exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!

Dear @lassoan ,
would there be a python script equivalence to this Reformat change please ?

Respectfully,

Nicolas

In recent Slicer-5.3 versions (and in the soon-to-be-released Slicer-5.4 stable version) you can rotate slices easily like this:

slicer.vtkSlicerReformatLogic.RotateSlice(getNode('vtkMRMLSliceNodeRed'), 0, 180)

First argument is the slice node, second is the rotation axis index (0, 1, or 2 = horizontal axis, vertical axis, slice normal), third is the rotation angle (180 for flip, 90 for rotation).

1 Like

Thank you very much !