Scissors on range of slices

I usually find the scissors tool to be the greatest thing since sliced bread (no pun intended). Sometimes I want to use it only on a range of slices - The only way I’ve found to do this effectively is to make a mask and use that as the editable area when using the scissors tool. Is there a quicker way to do this?

Thanks!

-Hollister

I think using masking is the simplest way to restrict scissors. Do you have any better suggestion?

It would be useful to be able to use the scissors starting at a slice and continuing only in a given direction, say downward, to do a “cutaway”. There are other ways of doing this, like you mentioned, using masking, so “directional scissors” would be more of a convenience.

I second the request that for slices specifying the physical length would be a very useful addition to the tool. E.g. start on the slice the outline was drawn, and say +/- 10mms, or actual slice counts in that plane. …

I’ve added the option of restricting cutting in slice view to one side of the slice plane or to a specified thickness around the slice plane. It’ll be available in tomorrow’s nightly build. Let me know if this fulfills your needs.

Will do. Thanks!!!

-Hollister

Awesome, thank you.

Wow, this works great!

Thank you very much!

-Hollister

I have a hollow model and I would like to use the scissors so they cut only through one layer and not through the whole model. Is that possible?

You could try this Segmentation Recipie for a craniotomy which sounds like what you are describing

1 Like

Hi ! How can I use this option?

You can find the option in Segment Editor → Scissors effect options: