Segment editing

Hello,

I am having some trouble segment editing my scan. Is there something I must do before I begin using the editing tools? Under the Segment edit module, when I select the file title, click “add”, and use the erase tool for example, I then try to erase apart of the scan and nothing changes.
Let me know if you have any tips. Thank you!

EMAIL DISCLAIMER This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender or contact Privacy Office 312.355.5650.

it is not clear what’s happening from your description. Possibly incorrect Masking settings or a threshold. Please make yourself familiar with the segment editor by reading the user manual and following this tutorial

https://slicer.readthedocs.io/en/latest/user_guide/image_segmentation.html

Based on the description what occurs to me is that you may want to use the segment editor incorrectly. It cannot edit the anatomical image (e.g. CT), but you can delinate structures on it, i.e. add segments on top of the CT. In other words, you cannot use the eraser without painting something first. I suggest you look at the segmentation tutorial:

Thanks for all the resources! You’ve been a big help.

EMAIL DISCLAIMER This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender or contact Privacy Office 312.355.5650.

@moderators @forum_managers

I wish to know what is your point of view concerning this looong enterprise disclaimer message.

Mine is that it is disturbing in a public forum, does not represent any interest in a forum and does not convey anything.

Of course, people will always add one if they want to. I think that the general rules of conduct should declare that disclaimers having meaning for a company and that does not directly imply the user in a topic or Slicer itself should be avoided.

I wanted to tell this to @Lee_Fei in a private message, but he is tagged with ‘This user is no longer active.’ !!!

1 Like

I am not sure if this is the case, but these might get added to the email not by the sender, but the institutional email server, and often user have no control over that, I know my institution does it for emails to external addresses.

Perhaps discourse has a way to filter signatures and these kinds of addendums.