Segmentation editor: Filling in the gaps of Threshold

Hello,
I am working on isolating the pelvis from the body and it is taking me some time, so I was curious if there was a faster way in filling in the gaps in each slice of the CT scan after thresholding. I am manually going through slice by slice of the pelvis and using the paint tool to shade in the parts that thresholding didn’t get. However, I feel like this is too time consuming and there has to be an easier way.
I hope my question makes sense and that I hear back soon.

Thanks,
Jordan

SurfaceWrapSolidify extenstion is developed for exactly this purpose. Let us know if you need any help with it.

Hi Andras,

I actually did see this when I was doing research on how to solve this problem. I already have that extension downloaded and when I tried using it I could only create a shell. Is there a way to fill the shell in so that it is solid all the way through and not hollow?

Thank you,
Jordan

Unless you choose the “Create shell” option, the module generates a solid object.

If the tool does not do what you expect then it would be great if you could attach a screenshot and mark where you expect to see something different.

I just figured it out!

Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like