Separate annotations for each slice

Operating system: Linux
Slicer version: 4.6.2

When in the editor module to do slice annotations, I’ve noticed the same annotation is used for several slices, and when I change it on one slice, the others on the neighboring ~3 slices are changed in the same way; as in, the slices are linked. How can I ‘unlink’ them, so each slice has a unique annotation?

Please try the latest nightly version of Slicer and use the ‘Segment editor’ module instead of the ‘Editor’ module and let us know if you still have problems.

Thanks for the reply; I have tried the newest Segmentation Editor with the same results. All I want is the label map I draw on one slice to be independent of the map on the very next slice; as it is now, every three slices are linked (share the same label map). Is this a problem with my not knowing the correct setting to change, or is this just how slicer’s label maps are written?

By default brush thickness = slice viewer step size = slice spacing. So, if you step to the next alice using arrow keys then you should get a clean slice each time.

What is the spacing of your volume?
How much the slice offset changes when you press arrow keys in slice viewers?
Is your volume tilted (in Volumes module, information section, direction matrix has values different from 0 and +/-1)?

If your volume is tilted, then click “Rotate to volume plane” in the slice view controller widget (at the top of slice view).

You can adjust brush thickness & slice viewer step size by changing the spacing value in the slice view controller widget.

I figured it out; it wasn’t the slice spacing that was the problem, but rather that every time I created a new segmentation volume, the default volume was identical to the dicom information on slice thickness.

If anyone else runs into this problem:

1. Create a new segmentation.
  2. navigate to the ‘volumes’ module.
  3. Change the active volume to your segmentation.
  4. Under “Volume Information” change the image spacing to your desired spacing (in my case, 1mm).

That fixes it for me, thanks for all the help!