Showroom category for Slicer

In another forum using discourse, I saw that the community established a category/channel called Showroom where they are encouraged to post the pictures of what they have done with the software. I thought that might be a good addition to our forum as well.

We have the announcements, but that’s not quite for that…

We have the Success stories - 3D Slicer Community category for that, but maybe that puts the bar a bit too high. Showroom could be a bit more welcoming - it could invite more people to post there, even if it was too early to call something a Success story.

I would support the idea to rename the Success stories category to Showroom.

Yes, I was thinking success story is a high bar fort some things. Slicer 3 were had a script to post the current screen to the visual blog. We could add a feature like that to the screen capture module to post to the gallery.

···

On Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 12:34 AM Andras Lasso via 3D Slicer Community <notifications@slicer.discoursemail.com> wrote:

We have the https://discourse.slicer.org/c/community/success-stories/29 category for that, but maybe that puts the bar a bit too high. Showroom could be a bit more welcoming - it could invite more people to post there, even if it was too early to call something a “success story”.

Previous Replies
In another forum using discourse, I saw that the community established a category/channel called Showroom where they are encouraged to post the pictures of what they have done with the software. I thought that might be a good addition to our forum as well.

We have the announcements, but that’s not quite for that…

Posted by muratmaga on 06/09/2022

Visit Message or reply to this email to respond to lassoan, muratmaga, jcfr.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

You can right-click on a view to copy to the clipboard and paste that directly into Slicer forum posts. I think all operating systems has now built-in screen snipping tools that allow copying any screen region to the clipboard. I’m not sure if we can make this much simpler.

It’s more about reminding/encouraging people to do it when they have Ann images they like and are able to share.

···

On Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 8:23 AM Andras Lasso via 3D Slicer Community <notifications@slicer.discoursemail.com> wrote:

pieper:

We could add a feature like that to the screen capture module to post to the gallery.

You can right-click on a view to copy to the clipboard and paste that directly into Slicer forum posts. I think all operating systems has now built-in screen snipping tools that allow copying any screen region to the clipboard. I’m not sure if we can make this much simpler.

Previous Replies
Yes, I was thinking success story is a high bar fort some things. Slicer 3 were had a script to post the current screen to the visual blog. We could add a feature like that to the screen capture module to post to the gallery.

Posted by pieper on 06/10/2022

Visit Message or reply to this email to respond to lassoan, muratmaga, jcfr.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Encouraging users to post more and making it easier is great. Thanks for reaching out.

they are encouraged to post the pictures of what they have done with the software.

In that community, do you have more details on how users are suggested & guided to post more ? (reminded on twitter, call-out on site, … ?)

Here is their description for the showroom category.