Slicer 5.2.2 is a patch release published in February 2023, aimed at addressing various issues reported by the community and providing bug fixes, enhancements, and improvements. This release ensures a smoother and more stable user experience.
For more details and a comprehensive list of changes, enhancements, and highlights in the Slicer 5.2 release, please refer also to the Slicer 5.2 release notes
Please note that Slicer continues to be a research package and is not intended for clinical use (clinical users must obtain the necessary ethics or regulatory approvals).
Dual monitor and picture-in-picture view layout
|Display views in separate windows - can be dragged to a second screen or additional touchscreen or drawing tablet.||The extra window can be displayed floating over the application window as “picture-in-picture”.||The additional window can be also docked into application window (any corners or sides).|
Improved volume rendering presets
Improve appearance of volume rendering preset selector and add micro-CT presets. Icons are now 2x higher resolution (so they don’t look small or blurred anymore on high-resolution screens), larger, and labeled.
- Implemented multi-monitor layout support (PR-6776).
- Added option for displaying the vertical slice controller (PR-6712).
- Improved plot title handling when no column name is specified (PR-6682).
- Improved volume rendering presets (PR-6762).
- Added support for using
pathlib.Pathobject for paths in
vtkMRMLParserto support custom types ending with “Node” string (PR-6715).
Slicer.crtCA bundle (PR-6719).
- Exposed markups JSON reader/writer (PR-6756).
- Improved table loading and fixed errors in the table file reading/writing process (PR-6775).
- Improved computation of the offset direction label in slice view controller (PR-6781).
- Allow maximizing “Add data” and “Save data” dialog (0eaffcf)
qMRMLTableWidget::mrmlTableViewNodeaccessible in Python (6834c51)
- Resolved Python linting issue in the codebase (PR-6706).
- Fixed warnings in scripted module template observer (PR-6720).
- Fixed error message in
- Resolved an issue with sample data set labels not appearing on large desktop monitors (PR-6731).
- Fixed the blank Extensions manager in Linux package due to Chromium sandboxing (PR-6744).
- Fixed the reading of default markup active color (PR-6736).
SlicerRequestHandlerreturn value when the reader does not return any node ID (PR-6752).
- Resolved issues with more than one rotation slider being non-zero (PR-6759).
- Added missing array size hints for better Python wrapping (PR-6765).
- Fixed reading of vector fields from NIFTI files (PR-6791).
- Removed the annotations module (PR-6524).
- Fixed slicer.util.logProcessOutput (f9dcc53).
- Attempt to make Scissors effect more robust (a5af820 related to Crash on macOS when using Scissors effect #6705).
- Fixed volume sequence support in CLI modules (f6a9111).
- Fixed “Check for updates” checkbox in Welcome module (d838e31).
- Fixed “Apply to all visible segments” option in Segment Editor (b803ad4).
arrayFromSegmentBinaryLabelmapleaving temporary node behind (5a3f338).
- Fixed subject hierarchy tree in DICOM module (aa24555).
- Added missing null-pointer checks to qMRMLSegmentEditorWidget (9506e42, Label Reviewer Not loading Project-MONAI/MONAILabel#1300)
- Fixed display of “An update is available.” message in Extensions Manager (a943aa8)
- Fixed various bugs related to crashes, typos, and display issues (PR-6795, PR-6797, PR-6798, PR-6799, PR-6805, PR-6831, PR-6824, PR-6822, PR-6810, PR-6803).
- Improved build compatibility with OpenSSL support disabled (PR-6747).
- Added support for using
slicerFunctionAddPythonQtResources()in extensions (PR-6792).
- Avoid logging errors during Python auto-completion with CTK update (3ae750f).
- Update CTK to fix
ctk::vtkImageDataToQImagefunction, to fix crash in
ctkDICOMQueryRetrieveWidgetand to expose
removeCachedTagsmethod in Python (7f5f83e, commontk/CTK@2c89539…dec834f).