Slicer not starting on Linux (Qt plugin issue)

Hi,

Slicer version (current stable release): Slicer-4.11.20210226-linux-amd64

I am trying to start Slicer after the usual download and extraction process and this error appears:

qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: xcb.

I found this topic https://discourse.slicer.org/t/error-executing-version-slicer-4-11-0-2020-06-01-linux-amd64-tar-gz-on-ubuntu-16-04/11834 in the forums, and installing that version works well, but I am using a more recent version of the VMTK module that is not compatible tith that version of Slicer and my Python scripts do not work. I tried installing the Nightly build (Slicer-4.13.0-2021-07-17-linux-amd64) and I run into the same error as the current stable version. Any help?

To add more info, I tried running the ./Slicer command (stable release) with export QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1, and this was output:

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() ignoring "com.nokia.qt.QGuiPlatformPluginInterface" since plugins are disabled in static builds 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() ignoring "com.trolltech.Qt.QStyleFactoryInterface" since plugins are disabled in static builds 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() ignoring "com.trolltech.Qt.QInputContextFactoryInterface" since plugins are disabled in static builds 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() ignoring "com.trolltech.Qt.QImageIOHandlerFactoryInterface" since plugins are disabled in static builds 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/home/perecanals/Applications/Slicer-4.11.20210226-linux-amd64/lib/QtPlugins/platforms" ...
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/home/perecanals/Applications/Slicer-4.11.20210226-linux-amd64/lib/QtPlugins/platforms/libqxcb.so"
Found metadata in lib /home/perecanals/Applications/Slicer-4.11.20210226-linux-amd64/lib/QtPlugins/platforms/libqxcb.so, metadata=
{
    "IID": "org.qt-project.Qt.QPA.QPlatformIntegrationFactoryInterface.5.3",
    "MetaData": {
        "Keys": [
            "xcb"
        ]
    },
    "archreq": 0,
    "className": "QXcbIntegrationPlugin",
    "debug": false,
    "version": 331520
}

Got keys from plugin meta data ("xcb")
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/home/perecanals/Applications/Slicer-4.11.20210226-linux-amd64/bin/platforms" ...
Cannot load library /home/perecanals/Applications/Slicer-4.11.20210226-linux-amd64/lib/QtPlugins/platforms/libqxcb.so: (libxcb-xinerama.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
QLibraryPrivate::loadPlugin failed on "/home/perecanals/Applications/Slicer-4.11.20210226-linux-amd64/lib/QtPlugins/platforms/libqxcb.so" : "Cannot load library /home/perecanals/Applications/Slicer-4.11.20210226-linux-amd64/lib/QtPlugins/platforms/libqxcb.so: (libxcb-xinerama.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)"
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: xcb.

From this, together with what I gathered online, it seems that the problem has to do with that libxcb-xinerama.so.0 file, but I don’t know how to fix it.

Did you find this thread? That solution should work.

Just found it a minute before you posted the response! Gonna try to follow it, thanks and sorry! Maybe I wasn’t specific enough but I could not find it before posting the issue. Thank you!