Slicer (using Slicer RT module) crashes when saving. 'MRMLcore.dll' error from Windows event log

Operating system: Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
Slicer version: 4.6.2
Expected behavior: The scene should be saved as mrml scene OR separate components (both approaches fail)
Actual behavior: Slicer hangs for a few seconds on the saving screen, then slicer becomes unresponsive and windows gives the error ‘Slicerapp-real doesn’t work anymore’ and I’m forced to select ‘close program’. No error is given.

I found the error in Windows event log. It is filed as an application error where SlicerApp-real.exe failed were the module MRMLCore.dll gave an error.

This problem happens everytime I try to save my work. Maybe of importance: I run slicer as an administrator because if i don’t i cannot access my installed modules (there are strict admin-user rights at my institution)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Greetings,
Laurence

Hi Laurence,

4.6.2 is approaching its first birthday, and many issues have been fixed and many features added since then. Even if we find the root of the problem, it is unlikely we fix a 10-month old release. Please try the latest nightly.

Hello Csaba,

Thank you for your feedback. I’ve installed the latest nightly, hower SlicerRT is not available (yet). I really need
this module because I have to import RT Structure sets. So this is not an option for me.

Greetings,
Laurence

It is available now.

In the future you can download nightlies from past days using this modifier in the url
http://download.slicer.org/?offset=-1