SlicerVirtualReality issues

Thanks for the update @rbumm , quite useful!

We are currently in an “almost there” state with SlicerVR on many fronts.

• OpenXR support can be expected to be finalized soon in terms of the new Kitware-Robarts project (at least as far as I know using OpenXR is in the plans for this project - they want HoloLens2 support)
  • In-VR widget exposing many Slicer features is on the way. The widget works, the laser pointer basically works. We currently struggle with that the texture update that shows in the normal 3D view doesn’t show up in VR. Anyway, it’s very close now.
  • A VR “training course” as far as I know is also on the way. There will be some kind of OR with objects and little goals that walk you through the basics of how to use the controller, how to navigate in the scene, etc
  • I’m personally planning many small additional features, but these will come slowly after we successfully add the in-VR widget with the laser
  • Unfortunately there are several small but important issues with the latest SlicerVR after the recent VTK update, and maybe due to other updates. For example, volume rendering does not show up in VR at all. Or there are errors in the log that even slow down rendering. Some button events are not caught. Maybe these are the most important ones.

I hope this answers your question!

Can you please describe your use case in VR? Also what is it that you would ideally do in VR. Thanks!