Three different RTDOSE in the same RTPLAN

Hi, mates! I have 3 different RTDOSES wich were generated by 3 different radiotherapy techniques (IMRT, VMAT an 3D). SO, HOW TO IDENTIFY WHICH TECHNIQUE EACH RTDOSE CORRESPONDS?

I tried already searching on tags by clicking with de right mouse button, but I did not find anything. And you can check in the image below that there is only one RTPLAN.

Sem título

Hi Evandro. The RTPLAN contains the UIDs of the RTDOSE objects in the (300a,0010) Dose Reference Sequence. Depending on the TPS, and the options selected when exporting, there may be multiple referenced UIDs in that sequence, such as one RTDOSE per beam or per beamset. Is this your case? If so, you might be able to infer from (300a,0012) or (300a,0016), but would be TPS-specific.

I checked inside the metada in the (300a,0010) and I did not find out how to correlate with the UIDs in the metadata inside the RTDOSES showed below. Could you please help me checking this out below?

These are the tags inside the RTPLAN’s metadata:
RTPLAN

These are the tags inside the RTDOSE1 metadata:
RTDOSE1

These are the tags inside the RTDOSE2 metadata:
RTDOSE2

These are the tags inside the RTDOSE3 metadata:
RTDOSE3

The RTPLAN is associated with a single RTDOSE with UID ending in 4132. You would match this with the SOP Instance UID of the RTDOSE in question. None of your RTDOSE has an SOP Instance UID ending in 4132, so therefore I question if any of these RTDOSE are associated with the plan.

If you look at (300c,0002) of the RTDOSE, it has an element (0008,1155). These are different for each of the three dose files, which implies they came from different plans. You can compare them to (0008,0018) of your RTPLAN objects to see which plan is associated.

Ok, I made this. I compared them to (0008,0018) of the RTPLAN and find out that this RTPLAN is associated with the RTDOSE3. But, despite this information, I still dont know wich RTDOSE is related to each radiotherapy technique. And what about the two other RTDOSES?

Thanks for helping.

Best regards,
Evandro.

Just complementing my last message! In the RTPLAN, I noticed in the RTPLAN that this RTPLAN is associated with the technique VMAT (RA).

Well, if you look at the dose, you should be able to easily distinguish 3DCRT, fixed gantry IMRT, and VMAT. The dose distributions will look very different. And if that is all you care, you are done.

But if you planning additional comparisons, I recommend to create separate plans for each dose. That workflow is simpler, and avoids this problem.

I understand! But I think that infer about the 3D dose distribution is ok in some cases, but not when comparing IMRT with VMAT, specially in breast treatment cases.

I would like to ask to if 3d slicer uses MATLAB, because there there would be any way by programming in matlab I can find this info.

thanks again!

Slicer has excellent MATLAB support including tutorials. You should install the MatlabBridge extension.

https://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/Nightly/Extensions/MatlabBridge

Thank you very much!

Using Python would be much simpler than Matlab, as Slicer has a built-in Python interpreter and there are no licensing or redistribution problems with Python-based solutions.

You can hit Ctrl-3 to show the console and try these examples for inspecting your DICOM database content using Python scripting.