Total Segmenter cannot detect my GPU (1080ti x 2)

On my setup, the Total Segmenter extension is telling me that it cannot detect my GPU (1080ti x 2). Can you point me to where there may be settings to detect my graphics card?

Operating system: Windows 10
Slicer version: 5.2.1
Expected behavior: detect gpu
Actual behavior: cannot detect gpu

You need to install CUDA that is compatible with PyTorch, which is currently on your platform is CUDA 11.6 or 11.7.

If you did not have CUDA installed or an incompatible version was installed when you first set up TotalSegmentator then the CPU version of pytorch was installed.

You need to force installation of the GPU version using the install command on the pytorch website, which is currently (use cu116/cu117 according to your installed CUDA version):

"%localappdata%\NA-MIC\Slicer 5.2.1\bin\PythonSlicer.exe" -m pip install torch torchvision torchaudio --extra-index-url https://download.pytorch.org/whl/cu116 --force-reinstall

If this forced reinstallation does not work then maybe you can try to uninstall torch, torchvision, torchaudio then install again; but probably the easiest is to remove Slicer-5.2 and reinstall.

Thank you. I installed cuda after installing v5.2.1 and the Total Segmenter extension. I believe I should have installed cuda first. GPU is being detected now.

2 Likes

hello, can you please tell me how to run the code line that you posted, to solve problems in detecting GPU with total segmentator? thank you

I’ve submitted a pull request to make it easier to select pytorch version in PyTorch Utils module. Hopefully it will be merged today or tomorrow. You can track its status here:

You need to use the lateset Slicer Stable Release or latest Slicer Preview Release to get the update (the update is available automatically in the Extensions Manager the day after the pull request is merged).